The Gold Standard of Education Tours
Peak Group Travel’s orchestra trips are the epitome of education tours. We offer a diverse range of itineraries to choose from or can tailor-make one to meet your group’s specific needs. Our trips are designed to provide your students with the following advantages:
- Performance Opportunities: Our trips offer your students the unique chance to perform in front of various audiences, including professional musicians, educators, and the general public. This invaluable experience not only boosts their confidence and stage presence but also provides them with constructive feedback on their playing.
- Cultural Enrichment: Our itineraries also include opportunities for your students to immerse themselves in different cultures and histories, fostering a deeper appreciation for music and its societal role.
- Educational Workshops: Many of our trips feature educational workshops led by seasoned musicians and educators. These workshops enable your students to hone their skills and acquire new techniques.
Effortless Planning for an Unforgettable Journey
We understand that planning a student orchestra trip can be a daunting task. That’s why we offer full-service planning, taking care of all the details from concept to completion. We’ll collaborate with you to craft a customized itinerary that aligns with your budget and educational objectives. Leave the logistics, such as transportation, accommodation, and meals, to us. All you need to do is arrive with your students and savor the journey!
Experience the World Through Unique Stages
Give your orchestra the opportunity to perform at some of the world’s most coveted venues with Peak. Our diverse selection of performance venues promises a distinctive and memorable experience for your students. Each venue possesses its own character and charm, leaving a lasting impression long after the tour concludes.
Elevate your youth orchestra to grandeur with a performance at a premier venue. Symphony and concert halls serve as perfect spaces for orchestras to showcase their talent, and performing at prestigious locations like the Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico or the Boston Symphony Hall sets a powerful precedent for your young players to aspire to in their future careers.
Enhance your orchestra’s performance with a unique setting at a breathtaking museum. Surrounded by some of the world’s most significant pieces of art and culture, your group can delve into different artworks, cultures, and histories before leaving their own indelible mark with an unforgettable performance.
Make a lasting impression on a diverse audience with a library performance for your youth orchestra. These intimate spaces offer a unique experience, with shows usually free and open to the public. You never know who might attend, affording your group the opportunity to captivate a different audience each night. Additionally, performing at libraries provides audiences with an opportunity to learn something new while enjoying a beautiful art form.
Benefits of Orchestra Trips for Students
In addition to the benefits listed above, orchestra trips offer your students the following opportunities:
- Cultural Exploration: Orchestra trips serve as an avenue for students to learn about different cultures and histories through music. For example, when traveling to Europe, you can visit historical sites or museums relevant to the music you’ll be performing.
- Teamwork and Leadership Development: Playing in an orchestra necessitates teamwork and collaboration, skills that students can enhance during orchestra trips as they work together to achieve common goals.
- Confidence and Self-Esteem: Performing in front of an audience can be intimidating but also rewarding. Orchestra trips help students gain confidence and self-esteem by allowing them to perform in front of diverse audiences.
How to Choose an Orchestra Trip
When selecting an orchestra trip, consider the following factors:
Student Age and Level
Choose a trip appropriate for your students’ age and skill level. For younger orchestras, opt for shorter trips with less demanding performances.
Set a budget that encompasses transportation, accommodation, meals, and performance fees, as orchestra trips can be costly.
Ensure the itinerary balances education and enjoyment, including opportunities for performances, cultural exploration, and fun activities.
How to Fund an Orchestra Trip
Funding an orchestra trip can be achieved through various means:
Opt for affordable accommodations that provide comfort without straining your budget.
Explore creative fundraising ideas to offset trip costs. Consider hosting benefit concerts, bake sales, or partnering with local businesses.
Explore grant programs that can assist in financing orchestra trips
Tips for a Successful Orchestra Trip
Here are a few tips for a successful orchestra trip:
- Be Prepared: Ensure you and your students are well-prepared, from packing essentials to learning about the places you’ll visit and familiarizing yourselves with the itinerary.
- Be Flexible: Travel plans don’t always go as expected. Be ready to make adjustments if necessary.
- Be Patient: Traveling with a group of students can be challenging. Patience and understanding are key, as everyone is there to learn about music and culture while having a good time.
- Have Fun!: Orchestra trips offer a fantastic opportunity for your students to learn and grow. Make sure both you and your students relish the experience!
Orchestra Jobs and Careers
For students interested in music careers, numerous orchestra-related jobs and career paths are available. Some may pursue professional musician roles in symphony orchestras, while others might opt for careers as music teachers or orchestra conductors. The music industry also offers non-instrumental roles such as music journalism, artist management, and music marketing.
Orchestra trips serve as an excellent avenue for students to explore music, different cultures, and themselves. By following the tips provided, you can ensure a successful and enjoyable trip for your students.
EXPERIENCE THE WORLD THROUGH UNIQUE STAGES
Give your players the chance to perform in some of the most coveted venues in the world with Peak. Our diverse selection of performance venues offers a unique and memorable experience for your students. Each venue has its own character and charm, providing a distinct atmosphere for your group to take with them long after the tour ends.
Achieve the ultimate level of grandeur for your youth orchestra with a performance at a premier venue. Symphony and concert halls are the perfect spaces for orchestras to showcase their talent, and a performance at a prestigious location like the Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico or the Boston Symphony Hall will set a powerful precedent for your players to strive for in their future careers.
Enhance your orchestra’s performance with a unique setting at a breathtaking museum. Surrounded by some of the most significant pieces of art and culture, your group can learn about different artworks, cultures, and histories, and then leave their own mark with an unforgettable performance.
Make a lasting impression on a diverse audience with a library performance for your youth orchestra. These intimate spaces offer a unique experience, as shows are usually free and open to the public. You never know who will show up, giving your group the chance to wow a different kind of crowd every night. Plus, performing at libraries can be a great opportunity for audiences to learn something new while enjoying a beautiful art form.
” The New Hope-Solebury Orchestra has traveled with Peak Performance tours since 2008. Peak has customized itineraries in several cities for our group including Orlando, Nashville, Los Angeles, and Italy. Our most recent trip to Italy included stops in Rome, Florence, Livorno, and Venice. Our trip was individually tailored to our needs from instrument rentals and shipping, billing and payments, performance venues, meals, cultural tours, and air and ground transportation. Bruce Rickert personally saw to every detail of our trip. His professionalism and knowledge of the music travel industry is second to none. The most important part of our relationship is that Bruce and Peak Performance Tours allowed me to focus on the music and performances while they handled every aspect of the tour behind the scenes. We will be traveling to Europe with Peak Performance tours again in the future. I would highly recommend contacting Peak to arrange all student music travel. “
Nicholas Wehr, Orchestra Director
New Hope-Solebury High School, New Hope, PA